Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Programme 2016 – Many would have been wondering how to apply for the Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme – TEEP which will offer 10,000. To this end end, all potential African Entrepreneurs will be given an opportunity to benefit from $100 million grant to create 1,000,000 jobs and thereby contributing $10 billion in annual revenues to Africa’s economy over the next 10 years which is one of the aims.
This business Opportunity is open to all citizens that are 18 and above and are sure legal residents of all African countries with businesses that operate in Africa.
About Entrepreneurship Programme
The Nigerian billionaire investor and philanthropist Tony Elumelu has committed $100 million to create 10,000 entrepreneurs across Africa over the next 10 years. Mr Elumelu made this commitment on Monday when he was having a chat with press in a press conference in Lagos to announce the launch of The Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme (TEEP).
The TEEP, is a Pan-African entrepreneurship initiative of Mr Tony Elumelu Foundation, is a multi-year programme of training, funding, and mentoring, which is aimed at empowering the next generation of African entrepreneurs.
Programme Type: Funding for African Entrepreneurs
Number of Entrepreneurs: There are 1,000 positions available annually for 10 years
Value of Programme:
The 10,000 start-ups will be selected from a pool of applicants across Africa and as it where, they will be participating in a comprehensive programme which will include the following
- A customized 12-week business skills training course
- Start-Up Enterprise Toolkit
- Resource Library
- 2-Day Boot Camp
- Seed Capital Funding
- Elumelu Forum
- Alumni Network
Duration of Programme: The Tony Elemulu programme will identify and help grow 10,000 start-ups and young businesses from across Africa over the next 10 years. On the long run, the businesses will in turn create 1,000,000 new jobs and contribute $10 billion in annual revenues to Africa’s economy.
Eligible Countries: Africa
Application Period: All potential and Interested entrepreneurs are expected to submit their applications to join the programme as from 1st January 2016 to 1st March 2016
Offered annually? For a period of 10 years
How to Apply
All potential applications must be submitted online through the TEEP Portal. Answer a series of mandatory questions and upload additional documents and identification materials. You will receive a confirmation email within 1 working day of submission.
For More details about the program, including eligibility and the application and selection processes are available on the Tony Elumelu Foundation website at: www.tonyelumelufoundation.org/TEEP.
Sponsors: Tony Elumelu Foundation
- In 2015, TEEP empowered 1,000 African entrepreneurs, selected from over 20,000 applicants, with start-up investment, active mentoring, business training, an entrepreneurship boot camp and regional networking across Africa.
- Entrepreneurs, with an average age range of 21-40, from 51 African countries completed the programme and received $5,000 in seed capital for their start-up businesses.
- The Tony Elumelu Foundation invested a total of $4,860,000, including $1,405,000 in agriculture; $410,000 in education and training; and $365,000 in manufacturing. The sector-agnostic programme funded start-ups across a further 20 industries, all based in Africa.