SHELL (SPDC) LiveWIRE Programme 2016
I will love to talk more of what SHELL is all about before we dive into the issue of the day. For those who may not really be aware about the Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC) is all about, we do like to share our thoughts on them. They are a player in terms operator of the NNPC/Shell/ Total/Agip Joint Venture (SPDC JV) and now they have announced the 2016 LiveWIRE Nigeria Programme for youths located in the Niger Delta. They will be from Bayelsa, Delta and Rivers States.
The SHELL LiveWIRE programme is a youth enterprise development programme or initiative which is been supported by the SPDC JV. According to the sponsors of this initiative, The SHELL LiveWIRE programme 2016 solely aims at inspiring, encouraging and supporting young entrepreneurs that falls between the ages 18-35 to start their own businesses through the provision of training and start-up finance.
SHELL LiveWIRE Programme 2016
The LiveWIRE programme objectives are to:
- All Enable youths to be able to establish businesses by providing business planning and management skills which will be done through the ‘Become a Successful Business Owner Course’.
- All enable youths with the best business plans will be Provided with a business startup grants.
- To Link successful candidates to partnering third parties like banks, Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs) and allied financial institutions.
- To be able to provide a volunteer mentoring programme for all successful candidates.
- Pre-startup:- Value and Organise Yourself (VOY)
- Value Chain Analysis workshop
- Business Startup (How to access finance & technology)
- Post startup (Mentoring, Incubation, Market linkages)
- Bright Ideas workshop
- Business Planning & Management (Become a Successful Business Owner)
Core Basic Applications Eligibility
- Applicants are to be either Male or female applicants. And they mus come from Bayelsa Delta and Rivers States aged between 18-35;
- Applicants should be resident in Delta, Bayelsa, or Rivers States;
- Applicants must have an innovative business idea; and
- Must be desirous to own and manage a business.
- Applicants are expected to have a university degree or HND
- Applicants must posses the NYSC discharge certificate or certificate of exemption;
- Please note that SPDC does not demand payment from applicants. The application is entirely FREE of charge.
- That SPDC does not assign ‘Representatives’/‘Agents’ to assist in the application process.
- Please note that Only those who are shortlisted candidates will be contacted via email/sms. So ensure you provide a valid mail and phone number.
Good luck on your application on the SHELL (SPDC) LiveWIRE Programme 2016.