We will be discussing the various growth strata the Nigerian society have emerged through.
In recent times, The Nigeria economy has experienced some amount growth in recent years. For some, the potentiality of the populace is still untapped.
Richest States In Nigeria 2015 By GDP
For this growth, many states in the country have contributed to these economic growth in the Nigeria.
Some of these states of their economic prowess have for the most attracted foreign investors which have had a tremendous impact on the country’s economy.
Below are the 5 most richest states in Nigeria.
1. Lagos State – To many, this is the America our Nation. Because it is a state that offers equal opportunities to both the rich and the poor. As it stands now, the GDP is $33.67 billion. It is the richest state in Nigeria at the GDP rate.
You can also Read This >>> Richest States In Nigeria 2016
2. Rivers State – According to a recent research done by Business Day newspaper, they discovered that Rivers State is the fastest growing state in the country. Rivers State GDP stands at $21.07 billion. With this score, they are placed second most richest state in Nigeria.
3. Delta State – The Delta State GDP, stands at $16.75 billion. Well this could be attributed to the oil production that is been done in that region. Without being told, the state due to its oil production activities, attracts a whole lots of foreign investors into the country.
4. Oyo State – According to a recent survey, the state experienced a huge growth of 14% between 2008 and 2012. This has made it the fourth richest state in the country with a GDP of $16.12 billion. t has a gross state product greater than $1.91 trillion. That’s remarkable.
5. Imo State – For those big companies interested in the oil and gas sector of the economy, Imo State is a big business hub for them. That’s why, the state have contributed immersely to the coming of foreign investors into the country. It’s GDP stands at $14.21 billion. It’s growth could be attributed to the large amount of Natural resources found in the state.