For those who intend to gain admission into the 4th Regular Course of degree programme of the Nigeria Police Academy, Wudil are hereby informed that the sale of the online application forms for admission into the degree programme has commenced and the closing date for the form was also announced. Well i am here to disclose to you how to apply and how the possible closing date.
All intending applicants should note that the admission into the Academy is opened to both male and female Nigerians of good character. Nigerian Police Academy 4th Regular Degree Programme 2016/2017
METHOD OF APPLICATION
2. For the Interested Applicants, they are required to go to the Nigeria Police Academy’s Website: www.polac.edu.ng in order where they can obtain or generate Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) Code. The RRR code obtained can be used to make payment of N3,000.00 through any commercial Bank Branch in Nigeria.
To this end, all Applicants are expected to and also in addition, apply through the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board and are also required to sit for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).
Please Candidates are not expected to select the Police Academy as a university of choice in the JAMB form.
The criteria for the selection is based on those who must have obtained the minimum UTME scores that are expected to be determined by JAMB and purchased the Academy online application form; will be eligible to sit for the Nigeria Police Academy Selection Examination.
The SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
3. Please applicants should note that they are to submit their Applications online. On submission of the applications, candidates are required to download Acknowledgement Form. For those Candidates who must have obtained the minimum national cut-off marks or above, will be enabled to download and print their examination cards.
COURSES OF STUDY
4. The Courses leading to Bachelor’s degrees in the following disciplines are available in the Academy:
a. FACULTY OF HUMANITIES. BA in:
Nigerian Languages & Linguistics
History & International Studies
b. FACULTY OF LAW: LLB
c. FACULTY OF SOCIAL AND MANAGEMENT SCIENCES: BSc in:
d. FACULTY OF SCIENCE: BSc in:
5. The following are the admission requirements:
a. For Candidates who are seeking admission into the police Academy must be Nigerian citizens and must be between the age range of 17 and 22 years of age.
The height acceptable will not less than 1.67 Metres (5 Feet 6 Inches) if male, and 1.62 Metres (5 Feet 4 Inches) if female. It was also reported that for the male applicants, they are to an expanded chest size of not less than 91cm (36 Inches). All candidates must be free from any physical deformity or mental disability.
b. All applying Candidates must have obtained a minimum of SIX (6) credits at the Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSCE) conducted by the West African Examinations Council (WAEC), the National Examinations Council (NECO) or the National Business and Technical Examinations Board (NABTEB) at not more than 2 sittings and including a credit pass in English Language and Mathematics as well as subjects relevant to the candidate’s chosen course of study in the Academy.
c. All applicants are to obtain a satisfactory scores in both the written examination and the interview and are expected to pass physical and psychological tests of fitness.
d. SSCE STATEMENT OF RESULTS OR CERTIFICATES RELATING TO EXAMINATIONS TAKEN BEFORE 2012 WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
NATURE AND DURATION OF COURSE
8. For the Candidates who are successfully admitted into the Nigeria Police Academy, Wudil degree course should note that they will be going through a combined academic and Police training for a minimum period of Five (5) Years which will lead to a Bachelor’s degrees and commission into the Nigeria Police Force as Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP).
the closing date will be on the Friday the 17th June, 2016.