Federal Ministry of Environment Recruitment For Project Coordinators August 2016
There ids now a deliberate effort by the federal Government of Nigerian to put in place a mechanism which will implement the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) Report on the Environmental Assessment of Ogoniland and other Oil Impacted Communities in the Niger Delta Region of the country.
Based on the above analysis, the Federal Ministry of Environment Nigeria, which happens to be the point Ministry that is responsible for the implementation of the Report hereby invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the appointment as Project Coordinator for the Hydrocarbon Pollution Remediation Project (HYPREP) based in Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
According to what we read, they are seeking a passionate, energetic and results driven candidates with a substantial experience in environmental remediation. According to the recruitment criteria, all Applicants should be able to demonstrate through commitment to the objectives of HYPREP, inclusiveness, team work and accountability. The Project Coordinator shall report to the HYPREP Governing Council.
To this end, the Federal Ministry of Environment here in Nigeria is currently seeking for suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Project Coordinator
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- The Project Coordinator will be responsible for the Administration of the HYPREP Project Office, including the day-to-day operations of the Programme.
- The Project Co-ordinator shall also be responsible for any other duties as may be assigned to him by the HYPREP Governing Council.
- He will also ensure he oversees the Management of the clean-up project and support of the work of the HYPREP Governing Council.
The Requirements for the Project Coordinator are:
- Must posses a minimum of Master’s Degree in Environmental Sciences or other related disciplines;
- Applicants should posses a working knowledge of the hydro carbon remediation;
- Experience in Project, human and material resources management; and
- Proven integrity
- Must have At least Fifteen (15) years cognate experience in Environmental management sector or regulatory body in the petroleum sector;
- Must have A sound knowledge of sustainable development;
Tenure of Office and Conditions of Service
- The Project Coordinator shall hold office for a term of 4 years in the first instance and may be reappointed for another term of 4 years and no more.
- The Project Coordinator shall be paid such remuneration as may be determined by the HYPREP Governing Council.
Steps On How to Apply
All Interested and qualified applicants should submit their Applications with three Referee Reports, Photocopies of Certificates, Curriculum Vitae scanned on a rewritable CD addressed to:
The Permanent Secretary,
Federal Ministry of Environment,
Applicants should Note that only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Application Deadline have been fixed for the 19th of August, 2016.
You can reach me via the comment box regarding the Federal Ministry of Environment Recruitment For Project Coordinators.